CJMCC is a community of parents, caregivers and other family members of CJ Morris Elementary School students working to provide field trips, technology, activities and other resources for all students at the school. The purpose of this organization shall be to promote child welfare in the home, school and community, and to bring into close relationship the home and school. This organization’s primary function is to raise money to provide educational enrichment and increase childhood opportunities.
management & accountability
CJMCC’s general board consists of volunteers voted in as executive board members and volunteers who serve as committee chairpersons. The organization is guided by standards set by Walnut Valley Unified School District’s Coordinating Council
What We've Achieved
Over the past 2 years, with the support of the fundraising efforts of CJ Morris families, students and staff, CJMCC has made the following achievements and was able to fund much needed resources:
- Spirit Drive fundraising reached $12,000 in 2015, which was $4000 more than in 2014
- Increased spending for field trips from $25 to $30 per student
- Purchased a Minolta copier for the office
- Earned over $5000 in Scholastic Dollars in the spring Book Fair:
- Each grade level was awarded up to of Scholastic Dollars to build class libraries.
- The school library was granted $3000 to replenish old books and buy new titles.
- Purchase 4 shade canopies for the Kindergarten playground
- Partnered with the PBIS Leadership team and Outreach Program to purchase a Buddy Bench for the playground
- Purchased laptop computers for incoming 4th graders to maintain the One-to-One Technology program if you drag one under the other
- Received over $1500 worth of in-kind donations from local and regional businesses
- Stepped up school pride with new signs for the fence and hallways
- Helped keep art in school by funding this year’s Meet the Masters Art Program